Your presence at Highland Springs Elementary School is always welcome. Highland Springs Elementary School would like to extend the invitation for you to observe your child’s class, volunteer, join your child for lunch, or meet with your child’s teacher. We consider student safety and accountability our top priority. Please note the following requirements when visiting our school.
To observe your child’s class:
- Call the school or contact the teacher by email or phone to set an appointment.
- When you arrive, please sign-in in the office and wear the HSES Visitor Pass.
- Please remain in the classroom listed on your visitor’s pass at all times. At the conclusion of the observation, return to the main office to sign out. Observations are limited to 30 minutes.
To conference with your child’s teacher or an administrator:
- Call or email your child’s teacher or the administrator to set up a time to meet.
- Conferences will be scheduled based on the teacher’s or administrator’s availability.
- When you arrive in the main office, sign in for a visitor’s pass and wear it in a visible area.
- At the conclusion of your conference, return to the main office to sign out.
To have lunch with your child:
- Sign in and receive a visitor’s pass in the main office. A staff member will direct you to the cafeteria.
If you would like to volunteer:
- A volunteer application must be completed in advance. Assistance is always appreciated in the classrooms, completing tasks for teachers, in the cafeteria, and on field trips.
- Volunteers must also participate in volunteer training provided by our family advocate. Specific dates are available in the monthly newsletter. Contact the school if you have additional questions.
Thank you in advance for your support of your child and our school. Your attention to these procedures will keep our school safe will providing you with opportunities to be involved in your child’s educational success.
Dr. Shawnya Tolliver
For more information refer to HCPS Policy P11-08-001 Parent/Community Visits